Old November 29th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mark Hansen[_2_]

Default High flight

On 11/28/2009 7:59 PM, Mike Ash wrote:
Forgive the crosspost, but as both groups are low on relevant content at
the moment I thought it might be good to give both of them a boost.

Thank you, Mike. Relevant content is sorely needed here.

[ snip ]

All it all it was a wonderful confluence of events to have my brother in
town, to have such a great wave day, and to have a club two-seater
available for our use for over three hours (club limit is 1 hour if
anyone else is waiting to use it). I got to show my brother something
he'd never experienced before and give him new motivation to finish his
glider training, and I got to enjoy a wonderful day in wave for myself
as well.

What a great day indeed!

I remember the first flight I provided to a friend who was very afraid
of flying (and was trying to get over it). The conditions combined to
make an extremely smooth flying day (weather-wise) and he enjoyed the
flight a great deal - which made it a terrific flight for me as well.

For those interested, pictures can be had he

http://pix.mikeash.com/v/wave1109/

Commentary and constructive criticism are most welcome. Non-constructive
criticism of the type seen recently shall be met with great vengeance
and furious anger.

Well, or just ignore them :-) I think of them as unruly children who
don't get enough attention from their parents.