Old May 31st 14, 07:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn

Default What is it? - winkle.jpg (1/1) [84K]

In article ,
Netko wrote:

I'm sure it will be obvious when someone tells me but I can't for the life of
me identify this aircraft being landed by Eric Brown on a Royal Navy carrier.
Will someone please put me out of my misery?

The photograph is a grab from a forthcoming TV programme about Brown (BBC2
this Sunday if you're in the UK). Details of the programme (complete with
some film clips) are at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b045pbq2

The great man seems on fine form but I'm tempted to strangle whoever is
responsible for that background music.
[Image]

Bell P-39 (or P-400) Airacobra.