Old April 26th 04, 08:46 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:ysdjc.42186$IW1.2048086@attbi_s52...

Given that my office PC has 7S3 stored in it (thanks to multiple flight
planning programs) it's hard to imagine anything dumber, in this day
and age.

Remember we're talking about the FAA.

However, when we were flying home from Sun N Fun, Tallahassee
(I think) approach didn't have "KIOW" in its little brain, so I
changed our destination to "KCID."

They didn't even have THAT airport in its memory -- Cedar Rapids,
a Class C airport with hourly airline service!

They probably had both in memory, but as IOW and CID. IOW and CID are H
class VORs, I'd expect every ARTCC to have every such VOR in memory.