Old April 21st 20, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default ASK-13 with social distancing mod

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 18:00:51 -0700, son_of_flubber wrote:

Would removing the rear half of an ASK-21's canopy not solve the
contagion problem and still provide a reasonable enough L/D? Pilots
could use Aviation Headsets for communication.

Half joking, but why would this not work for local flights?

I'd think that would depend on which pilot was infectious (I could be
wrong, but being behind the infected one doesn't seem be a good place to
be.

At first guess flying dual in a T.21 would be safer, but I wouldn't count
on it: not much room between the pilots even if you both have your own
aero-screen.

Maybe Burt's K.13 with the sports canopy on would be as good as it gets.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org