Old October 8th 04, 01:05 PM
Ron Elmer

"Jens Krueger" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Ron Elmer wrote:

I'm looking to get type rated in a buiseness jet such as CJ Citation

Lear or
Hawker because of the requirement to be "Jet Typed" for succsessful
processing of a pilot application at several airlines or crew leasing
agencys. Some have the requirement to be typed in a jet aircraft even

when
not operating corporate jets in the lower size class.

Before you spend money on a type rating make sure that you understand
what they're actually looking for. Most companies won't even look at
your resume unless you have a type rating AND (emphasis strongly added)
actual flying time in type as either SIC or PIC.

Just the type rating won't get you anywhere especially if it's in an
airplane they don't even operate.

Southwest for instance, _requires_ a 737 type for candidates. BUT they
also require something like 1000 hrs. Jet PIC.

I would recommend to talk to your prospective companies and find out IF
a type rating will actually improve your chances of getting hired, and
if yes, what kind of type rating would do.

Cheers,
Jens

--
I don't accept any emails right now. Usenet replys only.

Hello Jens,

i do reserch for jobs since my professional flying career started 4 yars
ago. You are sure to check for what companys are actually looking for. Most
of them look for rated pilots in the aircraft they operate. My former
employer looked for FO's with less than 1000 total time only for the reason
that more experienced where more difficult to adapt company procedures.
Captains where upgraded only from own FO's. This system made a high degree
of standarisation possible.
The reason for my posting is just that I have got the opportunity to escape
the turboprop if I show a Jet rating which one is not important. As far I
was told is the reason therefore to save the touch and goes on the rating
for the aircrafts these company operates, because the simulator is company
paid.
Thats why I look for such a rating quality training or not just cheap I dont
use the rating later in that class
afterwards.

Ron