Old December 31st 03, 06:23 PM

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:58:57 -0500, Peter R. wrote:

Ross Oliver ) wrote:

So I'm this close -- -- to finishing my IFR training (35 hours
hood time, 10 hours simulator, written passed), but for the last 6
weeks have been frustrated by cancellations due to an early, wet
California winter.

Just curious why this type of weather would cancel your IFR training?
Icing in the clouds or t-storms I could understand, but otherwise I see
this as perfect IFR training weather.

I worked through my entire instrument training all last winter in central
NY. As a result, I had somewhere around 15 hours of actual IMC going into
my practical test.

Not flaming, just sincerely curious.

Lately it has been hard rain (1"/hr) and high winds (20G40 knots) that
have kept a lot of planes grounded here in Northern CA.