Old December 30th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven Barnes

Default Cross countries (Commercial requirements)

If you have no time in a complex airplane, then one (or both) of the 100nm
VFR dual XC would be good time in the complex. Most places will only rent to
you solo, after you get about 10 hours in (which happens to be the "minimum"
for the Commercial aeronautical experience). I had about 5 hours in an Arrow
and about 5-6 in a BE33 Bonanza. I took the Bonanza for the complex part of
my Commercial checkride. I busted the accuracy landings due to still not
being comfortable in the plane.

Get as much time as you can.

"kevmor" wrote in message
ps.com...
Ok, but then shouldn't my IFR 250nm day cross country take care of the
day dual cross country for the commercial? Maybe I should do the night
cross country in a complex aircraft to get both at once.

On Dec 28, 5:23 pm, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
I believe the 100nm XCountry for the Private Pilot, is a dual *night*
flight. Also, the 100nm is total distance (50 out & 50 back). I didn't

see
a distance requirement for Private Dual day XCountry.
The Commercial XCountries a
Dual day VFR 100nm straight line (100 out, 100 back).
Dual night VFR 100nm straight line (100 out, 100 back).
Solo (no one else in the plane) 300 total distance, 3 landing points,

one of
which must be 250nm from the starting point.

Even if you flew far enough on the Private solo XCountry, it looks like

the
Commercial solo XCountry requires another trip:
61.129 (a)(4) 10 hours of solo flight in single engine airplane *on the
areas of operation listed in 61.127(b)(1) which includes at least -
(i) Big long XCountry
(ii) 5 hrs night VFR , 10 landings, blah blah....

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm working on my CFI, & I need to get a
handle on all these regs... :-)

"kevmor" wrote in

oglegroups.com...

I'm looking to get my Commercial certificate once I finish my
Instrument rating and am trying to meet as much as the requirements as
possible. I noticed it says in 61.129:

(3) 20 hours of training...includes at least---
(iii) One cross country flight of at least 2 hours, VFR, 100nm...
(iv) Same thing but night

Now for my private training, the requirement was 100nm for the
dual/training flight (and a 150nm solo flight).

Since we were flying a slow plane, and it took 2 hours, would this

dual
cross country fulfill the commercial requirement?

Also, for the 10 hours of dual complex time, can I do this anytime?
(I'd like to use a 150 that I have access to cheaply for most my
commercial training, then do a few hours of complex just before the
checkride to be ready).