Old May 5th 04, 03:16 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Peter wrote:

Any feedback would be appreciated

I used to get lots of spam on my Comcast account. I attribute much of that to the
fact that I had an "email me" HTML button on my web site, since most of it started
when I put that site up.

If someone using your computer actually visited a porn site, that can also cause
this, 'cause they can pull your email address from your preferences. Usually you
would get mail from multiple senders if this happens, since they sell your name. My
stepson may be partially responsible for some of the stuff I used to get on the
Comcast account. He actually trashed my wife's laptop when he picked up a "trojan
horse" on one of those sites, and that was embarrasing enough that I think he doesn't
visit sites like that anymore.

One thing to check is the "To" line in the spam. If it's actually your email address,
they've picked it up in some fashion like that. If, on the other hand, it's *not*
your address, they're using a mailing list, which they probably bought somewhere or
obtained through a virus on someone else's machine.

If you want to continue using that address, the only solution I know is to use
filters to block it. If you don't mind changing names, perhaps you can set up a new
user name with your ISP.

George Patterson
If you don't tell lies, you never have to remember what you said.