Old December 13th 18, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default LXNav screens (LX9000, LX9070, etc) and polarised sunglasses

On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 1:34:28 PM UTC-8, bumper wrote:
On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 8:49:43 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
I had a problem with a CAI 302.Â* It seems that in a certain batch of
production, the screens were installed 90 degrees to the required
orientation.Â* With that, I had to raise my polarized glasses or tip my
head to the side to read the instrument.Â* It was doable, but very annoying.

--
Dan, 5J

Back in the day (and that day was 15 years ago), I sent my 302 back in for a free screen swap to get polarizing the right way. Someone somewhere probably has some "right-way" screens sitting in a dusty old box.

bumper

Didn't know the 302 was an option with LX90x0. The V8/80 is probably a better choice, certainly more contemporary.
Casey: My now ancient fix for non-standard polarisation angle issues was to stop wearing polarised glasses.
Jim