Old March 28th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.products,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Need help with Narco LORAN LRN 840

I understand your desire and appreciate that some people did
have the data you needed. But if they did not have that
data, your choice would be to drop the project or buy the
manual. You could even trace the circuits.

But you asked for a manual or data and I suggested a source
that was valid. You became rude because it was not free.
That is your problem, not mine. If you don't think that an
EAA membership is worth the money just for the magazine and
other functions, and all you'd get is the pin-outs, that is
again, your problem

Have a nice day.

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
| Jim Macklin schrieb:
|
| That is your choice and problem, there is no free lunch.
|
| Well, at least two other people seem to think different
and have no
| problem passing the informations they already have to
others that are
| looking for it. Thankfully there are still people that do
that. Im quite
| active in several other groups, and people there also just
share the
| informations they have. You need a pinout? Just ask, and
someone who has
| it probably will tell you. Honestly I'm a bit surprised
about the "if
| you wanna know then go and buy the information" attitude
here. Where's
| the problem when people that have such an unit lying
around or in use or
| have the manual just to pass the informations?
|
| I simply just see no reason to sign for a membership that
costs much
| more than this old unit is worth (and still doesn't
gurantee that I get
| the informations I need), or to buy a manual for a 20yr
old worthless
| LORAN unit that is in unknown condition just to get the
pinout of the
| rear connector, especially since this is just a project
for curiosity
| and also since LORAN probably isn't that common navigation
system any
| more so there are dozens of retired units around that have
no real value
| any more.
|
| YMMV, though. Maybe it's ok for you to buy i.e. a 50$
manual to repair a