Old March 18th 18, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

Default Light parachute for 200 lb pilot?

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:40:55 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
Good catch Wally, but the 425 is good to over 200lbs and weighs 11.8lbs vs 10.8 for the 360.

http://wingsandwheels.com/national-360-parachute.html

Yep. That's still very light. My Strong 305 weighs around 16lbs.

I only know about the National 360 weight rating because that's my Crew Chief's chute. A gentleman should never mention a lady's age or weight, but if Mary Jo has to jump that chute on a good thermal day, she probably won't get down until sunset.