Old September 21st 04, 03:47 AM
Kyle Boatright

The F-104's gear has collapsed, nothing repacking and servicing couldn't
cure.
The RF-4C's left wing wasn't locked down so it folded up. Assuming it
wasn't a
major slam it willeasily be lowered. The only aircraft that appears
damaged is
the B-17G. A tree landed on it's right wing tip. The tree is obscuring the
tip,
but I can't imagine anything serious was done.

I don't know about inside since it is not open. There is a piece of
roofing
membrane and several pieces of corrugated steel on the grounds so who
knows.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Amazing. Doesn't the museum have a U-2 and a B-57F parked outside. I'd
have thought those low wing loading and built to razor thin structural
margin airframes would have been damaged. Glad that doesn't seem to be the
case? Do they still have an SR?

KB