Old March 16th 21, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bogdan Manoiu Bogdan Manoiu is offline
Junior Member

Default GDL 90 on XCSoar

On Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 12:57:12 AM UTC, wrote:
I'm looking for people to test my translation script from GDL 90 to NMEA so that a Stratux (1090/978 dual band ADS-B in) can connect and display traffic on XCSoar. If there's interest I can post some instructions. You need some experience with configuring XCSoar devices and placing a file on the android from a computer via USB.

I got tired of waiting for XCSoar to natively accept GDL 90 and also Stratux to output NMEA. The script is written in python and runs on the android device connected to the Stratux wifi. I also added in some text to speech to announce traffic when it's near.

In addition, I'm looking to test with other GDL 90 ADS-B receivers. I'm especially curious on the "Foreflight required" devices like Scout/Sentry Mini/Sentry. If anyone has one I can borrow, I'll gladly pay shipping.

Is there any interest?

Good afternoon,

I tried installing the Python script so I can view traffic from my SkyEcho2 on XCSoar but it does not seem to work.

I get an error: Attribute Error: module pynmea2 has not attribute LAU

in line 282 PFLAU=pynmea1.LAU('PF'......

Any idea what is triggering this? Incorrect installation of pynmea2? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Bogdan