Old March 16th 21, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Davis Chappins

Default GDL 90 on XCSoar

Bogdan,

I'm assuming you got Pynmea2 from their github or from Python's pip install.. Whoever maintains pynmea2 hasn't updated that package to include LAU and LAA support yet.

Go here https://github.com/DavisChappins/GDL90toNMEA and follow step 3, you need my custom pynmea2 folder. The only change in the pynmea2 folder hosted by me and the default one is that I updated talker.py to include LAU and LAA sentences. I guess if you wanted you can just replace talker.py.

The SkyEcho2 outputs UDP on port 4000? If it uses a different port you can change line 83 in the script to listen to whatever port you need.