Old April 11th 21, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 6:08:16 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
The role of T in life is more complicated than popular cultures masculinity bashing lets on.
'We find that winners of chess tournaments show higher T levels than do losers.'
https://www.jstor.org/stable/2786687?seq=1
The motor/non motor fancy plastic glider divide is not divided enough the real question is: Do 1-26 pilots have the highest tea of all?

We do have at least one example of I'm better than you syndrome for the "purists". I always wondered about the guys that had to brag about how manly they are.
If you are a true purist don't use a motor (foot ,gravity, or shock cord only) to launch or retrieve. If a motor is involved you are no purist. When I spent 20 years foot launching I still had a motor to take me to the spot I could be pure and fly off the hill.