Old October 31st 05, 04:20 AM
Bart D. Hull

Default Fun Gauge

If you hooked 12v to a CD drive mounted in your dash you
could have a retractable cup holder like in those expensive
Mercedes. (SMILE!!)

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
Ron Wanttaja wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 02:19:30 GMT, "keepitrunning"

wrote:

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote:

Well...it's not exactly an "either/or" situation. Check out the
panel mounting of an ICOM IC-A5 in my Fly Baby:

http://www.wanttaja.com/hhrad2.JPG

Ron, that is so cool, I want a fun gauge! Any suggestions as to
where I might find one?

Your junk box, if you're lucky. The Fun Meter started out as a small
voltmeter
made out of plastic. Once disassembled, the meter face was found to be
a small
plastic disk held in place with a couple of tiny screws. I noted the
size, drew
up my own meter, printed it on photo paper, and glued it over the old
face.
Reassemble the meter, and the rest is history:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/stories/meter.JPG

Originally, I kept the original needle movement but the needle
eventually broke
when I had to take the meter apart to replace the paper face. I now
use just a
scrap of white-insulated wire.

I've got a large empty instrument hole where the old radio used to go,
and I'm
considering some kind of similar goofy project. Currently, I've just
got a Fly
Baby logo in the hole...

http://www.wanttaja.com/hhrad2.JPG (Towards the bottom)

... but I'd like to put in either a dummy radar or possibly a "weapons
status"
display.
Ron Wanttaja

How about a retractible cup holder or phaser/warp drive panel? In the
Air Farce one of our mockups had an instrument hole covered by a square
of alumininum labelled "phaser/warp drive." It was even once written up
by QC as "phaser/warp drive panel missing screws" since it was held in
place by 2 screws instead of 4 with 2 screw holes open. You tax dollars
at w**k

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired