Old March 15th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
me[_1_]

Default jeppesen updates for the Garmin waas units

You will also find that the TAS and wind calculations on the 530w wont work
either..
Garmin said it will be fixed in the next software release.

Funny how an ifr certified unit can have functions that don't work as they
should..

Even though TAS calculations are not required it kind of makes me wonder if
there is anything else that doesn't work and they didn't tell anybody about
!!

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
The 530W is apparently missing some previous nice features of the legacy
units- namely, on the main nav page you can display lightning, but not
nexrad.

Also, on the older units you could show nexrad and lightning on the same
page, but on the 530W you can only look at lightning.

On the map page, but not the main nav page you can display both, as
before.

What gives with this? Why are we losing functionality with the supposed
upgrade?

My avionics guy called Garmin on this, and got some weak answer about
range, or some such, which if true, should have also been the case in the
legacy units.

I'm picking up my 530W/430W installation this Wednesday, so should have
more info at that time.