Old November 26th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
IO-540

Default Electric Car Conversion Companies: Alternatives To Gas Powered Cars

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:34:48 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Electric cars are not an unrealistic space age creation. Electric
cars were created way back in the 1900s when gasoline was so expensive
that consumers could not afford to fill their vehicles. Sound
familiar? During this time period there were more electric cars on
the road than gas powered cars. Unfortunately, research into creating
electric cars as the mainstream vehicle was pushed aside when cheaper
ways to produce oil were found. So where can a consumer go to create
their own electric car? There are electric car conversion companies
willing to assist in this pursuit. Discount Auto Parts
http://www.behot.us

I saw something on TV about that, they showed this guy who took older
small cars like Triumph Spitfires, and converted them to electric. And
they were nothing fancy, just glorified golf carts with more speed and
batteries. I'd love one for just getting around my area, especially
since I don't have to travel that far. I wonder how much it would cost
to charge one up after the batteries were depleted? I'll bet it's
cheaper than the gas would cost. It would doubt take a large bank of
deep cycle marine type batteries, which aren't cheap, but not all that
expensive either. They have them at Walmart for about the same as
start batteries for cars.