Old September 1st 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Too Old?

Gezellig wrote in news:6i0carFo8ma9U1
@mid.individual.net:

Recently a 72 yo went blind in flight (stroke?) and safely landed in the
drink in FL. Several comments were that age should be considered in
keeping your PPL. I can see this makes sense /but/ it would prolly be
illegal.

There have been people in their 90s with commercial certificates. I know
someone who taught after he retired well into his 80s and continued to fly
into his 90s.
Then there's Bob Hoover and Duane Cole...

Bertie