Old March 17th 11, 09:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Neave[_2_]

Default Standard Cirrus

Delightful glider.

All flying tail - not really any pros or cons just different. You have a
lot of elevator authority and low loads so if you waggle the stick you'll
waggle the glider. Personally I liked the fact that I didn't have to
continually adjust the trimmer.

Airbrakes - without the double paddle mod they're pretty poor. With the
mod they're similar to other glass gliders from the same era (Libelle,
ASW15). Need to get your circuits & speed control sorted, less forgiving
than the barn-door airbrakes on a Discus or LS4.

Transition from 1-34 - No comment 'cos I haven't flown a 1-34, but
probably no different to the transition to any other glass single seat.

Find someone who's flown one a lot & talk to them. Try to avoid the
opinions of people who haven't!

Kevin

At 01:55 17 March 2011, Walt Connelly wrote:

Okay folks, your thoughts on the Standard Cirrus? Good, bad
indifferent? Flying tail, pros and cons? I am new to gliding,
Commercial Add on, 140 flights and approx 100 hours, mostly in 1-34.
Would this be a reasonable next step?

Walt

--
Walt Connelly