Old November 7th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

Default Warning Scam

Any time you see "More so I will like to notify you that the amount on
the check that
will be sent to you will be more than your asking price", and zero
questions about the item you are selling, you can be sure it's a
scam.

They will send a very real looking money order which your bank will
probably cash. You will get the money, send the difference to the
scammer, and then the check will bounce about 3 weeks later...
probably after you have sent some cash and possibly the item to the
scammer. Sometimes they even have someone else pick up the item (they
are also getting scammed btw).

I always pretend I have gone along with it and tell them the money is
on the way... as well as the item. I figure at least I can encourage
them to spend beyond their means while thinking they have extra money
on the way. Human nature is to spend the money before it's actually
in hand. Plus stringing them along for a month is fun too.