Old January 26th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Comair 5191 HSI Heading Bugs?

Ron Natalie wrote:
Sam Spade wrote:

Anyone familiar with how the autoflight/HSI interface works on a
CRJ100 aircraft?

The NTSB just released the factual data on the Comair crash at Lexington.

Following is a summary page from the FDR report:

http://tinyurl.com/2zovqb

Does this mean the HSI heading bugs were also set to 226 or 227
degrees, magnetic?

I've never seen an inflight direction that wasn't in magnetic.

226 *IS* the magnetic heading of Runway 22. It's 222 true
with a 4W variation.

I understand that! ;-)

I was being cautious in my posting; perhaps redundant.

The question is: Do the settings shown on the FDR page I posted mean the
HSI bugs were set to 226 or 227?