Old June 21st 04, 07:23 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
All the formation books here in the US admonish against overtaking the
lead ship, unless lead calls for a lead change.

We swapped formation lead a couple of times for the other guy
to get a bit of practise...he also gave my friend Ed the controls
to try line astern...though Ed hasn't flown at all for about 5 years!
:-)

The Bulldog looks like a fun aircraft and should be a
pleasure to fly in formation.

Indeed! It spent over 25 years teaching it to RAF students, so it
can't be bad! In fact it's one of the better piston singles to fly in
formation...fair amount of power, fair amount of drag!

Paul