Old April 8th 05, 06:01 PM
SHIVER ME TIMBERS

It's really no big deal when you are crop spraying with helicopters. We
use a truck for the loading platform/mixing rig and land crossways on
the top of the truck.

Saw an interesting program the other night on plagues of grasshoppers
in Australia starting from the larvae stage to final days as adults.

They showed the lengths the government went through to try to control
these pests including massive aerial spraying programs mainly with
fixed wing. Interesting to see high wing Cessnas with spray booms doing
low level spraying.

Curious question Mr. Selway.... What type of helicopter were you using
to do the spraying and basically how long would a load last before you
had to refil.

I would presume that a safety feature of landing on a truck would be
that nobody on the ground would be in danger of being clipped by a
rotor, and the only people on the truck would be those directly needed
to refuel the helicopter and refil the hoppers.

If you feel up to describing a day in the life I'm sure the folks here
would be interested in reading about your adventures.

Last but not least if you would consider posting those pictures to
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation then we'd all get to have a peek.