Old November 5th 05, 11:16 PM
ant

Default Req for help: install.exe missing from Rowan's "Overlord"

Hi,

I bought a flight sim game called Overlord (by Rowan Software,
distributed by Virgin, a 9 floppy disk set, 3 for game and 6 for svga)
from a charity store, and am trying to install it on my PC. The
instructions say to insert disk 1 of 3 and type 'install' but when I
look at the floppy it has no such file (see dir appended below). I am
definitely using disk 1 of the 3.
I've tried unzipping the rowan.001 but winzip does not recognise it
(asks for the end disk even after I give it).
I gues some weirdo deleted the install.exe
Does anyone have the same game and can they email me the install.exe?

ANOTHER weirdie is that my PC (pentium 1 circa 1996) does not read
(these or all) floppies -just discovered. I am using my office PC to
analyse the disks. Even there, the Windows program, while it dirs a:
ok, claims the files are not there when I try to open them. Perhaps
they are just corrupt?

Nevertheless I live in hope

If anyone has the game and can help, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Ant

dir a:

Volume in drive A has no label.