Old January 28th 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default Many questions on starting an airline

"Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
On Jan 25, 7:06 pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
On Jan 25, 3:04 pm, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

We are looking for advice on starting an airline based in the
Caribbean.

I am sure there must be many consultants for hire.

Any tips and pointers are most welcome.

-Ramon F Herrera
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Help with what? Business analysis, Market analysis, financing,
reguatory help, etc?

-Robert

Pretty much all of the above. One main concern, however, would be to
get all the paperwork/permits to operate in the Dominican Republic
(*). We had someone there with the permits and he was willing to sell,
but we balked, as he was asking for $6 million, when his aircrafts are
work $1.5 at the most. We know the permits are expensive and would
save us a lot of time and money, but they are not *that* expensive.

-Ramon

(*) this includes FAA.

I know someone that runs a 135 op out of the isalnds he daid FAA is the
bit*h all others are rather easy and some reconize the FAA 135 cert and just
want fees or bribes. Insurance costs is what will kill ya not the paperwork!