Old September 15th 12, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default PowerFLARM dipole installation in LS6

Anyone out there managed to fit a PF dipole onto an LS-6/8 panel? The clearance between my panel cover and the canopy is less than the height of the dipole (everywhere), so unless I mount it way off center (strongly discouraged in the installation notes) it aint gonna fit.

My temp solution will be to mount the dipole at the edge of the panel, as high as possible, accepting some loss due to the bottom of the dipole being a bit below the top of the panel. I guess I could also drill a hole in the panel cover and let the bottom of the dipole stick down into the panel area. Neither seems very elegant...

Wondering how others are solving this puzzler.

And waiting for that good old american know-how to come up with a better solution!

Kirk
66