Old February 2nd 05, 10:29 PM
Matt Whiting

Default non-owner insurance

I belong to a flying club whose airplane (67 Arrow) is insured through
Avemco. The limits are 700,000/100,000. I work for a company that
allows us to fly private airplanes on company business trips providing
we meet several requirements such as possess an instrument rating and
carry $1MM smooth liability insurance with the company as a named
insured. When I owned my own airplane, it wasn't hard to get this
coverage (that was pre 9/11 though). I'm not finding it nearly
impossible. Avemco won't increase the club's coverage, our treasurer
already inquired. I've thus far been unable to find renter's insurance
that doesn't have a seat limitation. Anyone know of an insurer who will
write a $1MM smooth policy for a non-owner?

Matt