Old April 26th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

Default Going to New York City

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:25:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I will be flying to NYC in May and am looking for recommendations on
local airports to hit. Will be coming from the west (Wisconsin) in a
Cirrus and can go IFR or VFR. My wife & I will be on vacation staying
in the city so the convenience of commute is not terribly important -
an hour each way would be fine.

The information on this topic in the archives is rather dated so I
thought I'd start a new thread. Thanks for any tips.

Paul

Paul

You might want to check out Stewart International Apt @ Newburg. The
Port Authority took it over as a reliver field for NYC area. Probably
have buss service to city?

It's far enough out of NYC traffic you should be able to get in and
out without any traffic problems either IFR or VFR.

I wrote the plan when the Air Force closed it in 1970.

Big John