Old October 26th 10, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Default Want a Comanche? Just $875,000.00

Trying to figure out the flaw in my logic here, maybe you can help.
Two Ercoupes at two seats each equals one 4 seat Comanche. Two
Ercoupes each at 100 mph would be faster than a comanche at 180 miles
an hour, and two two bladed props is one more blade than a three
bladed one.

The Comanche does win on fuel though, probably 10 gph vs two Ercoupes
at 4 gph each.

Well, for simple fun flying, the 'Coupe is hard to beat. There is
NOTHING like flying around on a nice evening, with the "top down" and
your arm hanging out the window, like an old '57 Chevy. It's an
experience I will never forget.

On the other hand, if you want to fly from Texas to Oklahoma, I'd take
the Comanche. Or, more economically, my Pathfinder.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX