Old February 8th 04, 11:03 PM
Doodybutch

Default Light Twins - Again - Why is the insurance so high?

I have a retractable single (R182). I have lots of hours. My insurance (1
Mil Smooth + 120 K Hull value) is $1800.

The previous thread here (Light Twins - How Soft???) showed insurance rates
for light twins (1 Mil Smooth + 85 K Hull value) with lots of hours at about
$2800.

There is only one reason for this disparity in price. The insurance
companies only care about their wallets. They are not emotionally involved
owners.

The light twins crash more often. If they crashed less, the insurance rates
would be lower. It is not the number of passengers, BTW. A quick look
through NTSB statistics shows only a few fatal crashes with 4 passengers,
and many of those are singles.

A great irony, isn't it?

DB