Old September 10th 03, 05:26 PM
Jim Knoyle

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"B2431" wrote in message

From: "Tarver Engineering"
Date: 9/8/2003 7:02 PM Central Daylight Time

snip

The discussion you archive trolled here has to do with jets, where the
static side of the pitot tube requires a temperature probe. From the
engine, the static datum are p1t0.

How much more of an idiot do you really want to be, Dan?

Tarver, once again you have resorted to name calling which simply proves

my
point that you would do that rather than answer my request that you name

ONCE
that I ever stooped to personal attacks as you said I had.

Dan, the facts make you an idiot, not my words.

Hey Splaps,
I tried my best to drag you into a short thread over in a.a.s.
The discussion was over 5th Pod on a 747. That's where they transport
a spare engine around by temporarily hanging it on the left wing just
inboard
of engine #2.
While the 5th Pod is installed, a specially calibrated Mach Airspeed Warn
Sw.
is substituted for the standard switch on the top ctr. shelf of the MEC. The
pitot
line from the switch is connected to the lower right Pitot Probe. Any idea
which
probe(s) the static line for the switch connects to. hint: it ain't screened
over. :-)