Old December 10th 04, 03:21 PM
Janusz Kesik

Użytkownik "Gary Boggs" napisał w wiadomości
I know there are sailplanes around the world that are equipped with lights
but I've never read about any night time soaring, are there any stories

out
there?

I'm refurbishing an SGS 2-32 and I'm going to install nav lights on it so
that I don't have to come down late in the day, just as the wave is

getting
better and better. Every month last spring we had beautiful, smooth
lenticular clouds, lit up all night by a gorgeous full moon. Are there

any
accounts of any night wave soaring?

I have been flying some ten flights two years ago, in a SZD-9 Bocian. This
glider is factory equipped with nav lights, and it is very simple grid of
three little bulbs with coloured caps on them, located on the wingtips and
fin (red&green on the wigtips, and white on fin). They're powered with an
additional battery, independent of this which powers the radio and other
electric stuff on board.

Well... great experience, especially on the moonless night as the one we
were flying... I haven't tried wave flying at night, but heard of guys
flying it during the night flights at the Zar Mountain Gliding School in
Poland. It must be a real blast!

Regards,

--
Janusz Kesik