Old August 4th 03, 06:48 PM
Aardvarks

Brian Moffet wrote:

That;s probably PattyWagstaff. What she does is a bit out of the ordinary
for competition aerobatics.

I would be surprised if someone pulls more than 4.5 Gs positive and -3
negative for advanced competition, much less for Basic/Primary. I've only
flown basic and sportsman, and there I was pretty much only doing +3 Gs,
and -1 negative (upside down.)

Brian

Brian Moffet wrote:
That;s probably PattyWagstaff. What she does is a bit out of the

ordinary
for competition aerobatics.

After a bit of research I found out who it was.

"Northern Lights Aerobatics Team"

"Michele Thonney, 31, of Lausanne, Switzerland, the only woman flying in
a civilian aerobatic team."

A quote from a Northern Lights Aerobatics Team member
Mario and his colleagues pull as much as 9.5 G's during the show. As
far as negative G's, or the stomach-churning sensation of feeling
yourself falling toward earth fast, tolerances are more limited. "In the
show we go between minus 4 and minus 5,' Mario explains. "By minus 5 it
hurts. I've never gone to minus ten and I don't intend to."

WW