Old August 4th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Passed CFI Knowledge Test

"Kobra" wrote in
:

Flyers,

I just passed the CFI Knowledge test today but I have some questions
for the group. Sure I could look these up, but lets stimulation some
discussion. Here are some questions that I do not know if I answered
correctly. The verbiage may not be word-for-word but you should get
the idea:

1) In a rectangular course lesson, how do you (as an instructor or
student) determine the distance to fly from the rectangular field
chosen?

a) The wind
b) The size of the field
c) The steepness of the bank required / desired

Depends on the airplane, doesn't it?

try it on one field and if it's not working out, try it on another, but
for most trainers about a mile per leg is probably pretty good.

2) How is VMC affected by an increase in altitude?

a) VMC goes up
b) VMC goes down
c) VMC remains unchanged

Best thing here is to think it through. All the elements... power,
aerodynamic authority, etc.. The answer is pretty obvious, really..

Bertie