Old January 24th 17, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Malone

Default Strobe light on glider

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 8:58:52 PM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
A while ago several people remarked that Schleicher gliders offer a strobe was an option.

Below is an URL to a youtube video of such strobe. Typically the strobe is coupled with an unit from LxNav that allow the strobe to be on, only flash with Flarm warning, or off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMdGXX11Bs4

Thanks Jonathan for posting this. I have tried to find a simple LED strobe that I could attach to the glider that would use self-contained battery power. perhaps one on the bottom of fuselage and another behind the canopy. I have done a bit of searching on the web trying to find something - but haven't seen anything yet. If anyone is aware of such an device - would appreciate the info.