Old July 14th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RomeoMike

Default Heart trouble

Dave S wrote:
RomeoMike wrote:

Whoa! Where's all this medical advice coming from? Also, it's quite
possible that tests other than an INR were ordered, requiring a
venipuncture as opposed to a finger stick. No point in making the guy
lose confidence in his facility without more reason.

Its highly unlikely that any other lab testing is being done on an
outpatient basis AT THIS POINT other than an INR. Thats my opinion based
on 18 years in the emergency and critical care fields of healthcare.

Well, you may be right, but your experience has little to say about
whether that's the case here. Your experience should have taught you not
to generalize to specific cases that you are not familiar with.

Up to this point, I've agreed with everything Tina has said. Its pretty
much on the mark. Afib, when properly anticoagulated, has minimal risk
of sudden incapacitation. This may not be as big of a hindrance as CJ is
worried about.

I would rather that a cardiologist familiar with the case at hand give
that assurance. But that's just me.