Old December 9th 19, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

Default 15 Hour Wonders

New CFIGs tend to be overly conservative and that compensates somewhat for their experience level. They understand the science, working on teaching techniques and methods. There will always be ‘surprises’ irregardless of the experience level of the instructor. No pattern of concern has been established due to instructor experience level, or we would have been made aware by the Masters gatekeepers Knauff, Compton, and others.
New instructors spool up pretty quick, and the students desire not to die goes a long way.
I’ve solo a few 14 year olds on Harris Hill and elsewhere, and that always amaze me. I saw Star Wars with 7 of them.
I was a brand new instructor from Florida entrusted with their lives. I yelled, they soloed. It was tough. Fun tough.
What a hoot.
They all made it back to the field...but I, their instructor...landed a ride in the valley.
They yelled, I stood at attention. Others laugh.