Old March 15th 04, 04:07 PM
Michael 182

I believe it is more a function of where you are in the US rather than the
altitude. In the west, not including Caliornia, you are likely to get GPS
Direct at any altitude above MEA or MVA, until you are near Phoenix or
Denver. In the northeast, at least in my experience, you never get direct
anywhere more than about 50 miles away.

Michael

wrote in message
When IFR flight planning at the lower flight levels (FL190 - FL230) in the
US (single engine, turbo-piston), is it reasonable to plan and expect GPS
direct to a destination?

--
Peter

News==----