Old February 17th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default NASA and Diversity

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:25:00 -0500, DILLIGAF
wrote in
::

The United States may lose its leading position in space exploration, if
it fails to replace quickly its ailing shuttle fleet with a new reliable
space vehicle, the head of NASA has said. *Michael Griffin, head of the
National Aeronautics and Space Administration, told Congress on Thursday
that such a move would not be possible without in turn sacrificing some
valuable science programmes.

Well, if some Texas cowboy hadn't squandered the federal surplus he
inherited from the Clinton administration, there'd be adequate funding
for science and education. :-)

Oh well, at least we've got 1,300,000 of our sons and daughters in
Iraq and a new (if nonfunctional) Department of Homeland Security.
Don't you think the money is better spent on that sort of thing than
education and science?