Old November 7th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Blackwater 61 Cockpit voice recording

On Oct 8, 1:41 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote

Spoken by a pilot who has a perfect safety records and has never made
a mistake. Morgans could be nominated pilot of the year; heck pilot of
the century!

Let's see how this adds up, here.

He engaged in a very high risk ride, for what? Fun. Their mission did not
require them being there.

He engaged in this high risk ride while they were not exactly sure of where
they were. Not a good idea, IMHO.

They were confident in his ability to make a turn out of trouble, but they
did not, or possible could not have pulled it off, even if he tried.

No, I'm not perfect, but I sure do not go out looking for a thrill that has
a high risk of killing me, and worse, others.

An accident, as you know, if a chain of events that if not broken, lead to
the accident. There was ample opportunity to break the chain, and he did
not.

Poor decision making, to try this kind of stunt. If you can not agree with
this, I am puzzled as to why. It seems pretty damn obvious (to me) that
this was an accident waiting to happen from the start.
--
Jim in NC

Right on Jim.