Old November 12th 03, 08:42 AM
Clint

Default Cheapest Club (was Best Gliding Club Website)

There are lots of excellent gliding club websites and most of them
give an indication of the rates for flying. It struck me that the
Goldfields Gliding Club must have the cheapest rates currently
anywhere in the world. Entry fee is about $14, annual membership is
around $60, a winch launch costs less than $3 and an minute is $0.14
(including K7, K13, ASK 21, ASK 23, ASW 19 and ASW 20). Instruction is
by an instructors panel which includes national team members and world
record holders and is provided free of charge. The club owns its own
airfield with hangerage available for private gliders for $12/month
(thank goodness I don't have to rig my LAK every time I want to fly).
The club has no dept and we try to keep the rates as affordable for as
many people as possible.

Couple these rates to some of the best thermal conditions around with
masses of large, flat fields and it feels as if I fly at the best club
in the world.

Clinton
LAK 12