Old September 25th 03, 07:22 PM
Big John

Jim

You can look at the e-mail address on thread and it almost guarantees
it to be dangerous.

Hope you get cleaned up.

I installed "Mailwasher" and it checks on your ISP and lets you
preview and mark those you want for download and the rest to be
deleted from ISP and not downloaded to you system.

Look up via Google. Believe they have a 30 day test mode you can try.
Costs $29.95 if you buy.

If you mark any "blacklist" then they are bounced back to sender
without any effort on your part and never show up on your computer.

It's not 1000% but does pretty good.

I have no monetary interest in company which is in NZ.

Big John

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:40:56 -0500, Jim Stockton
wrote:

Big John wrote:

Watch this one. Looks like a scam that has been going around. Don't
get sucked in.

If in doubt, go to MS site and download direct from them. Best odds of
gettng a clean down load.

Big John

On 23 Sep 2003 06:09:27 GMT, "yuumiee ebihara"
wrote:

Microsoft Customer

this is the latest version of security update, the
"September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes
all known security vulnerabilities affecting
MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express
as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities.
Install now to maintain the security of your computer
from these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which could
allow an attacker to run code on your system.
This update includes the functionality of all previously released patches.

Don't even think about executing that link. It contains SWEN virus.
My email is only now settling down to normal levels, and I didn't
execute it, but others did that had my email address in their systems.
Jim Stockton