Old December 19th 11, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edwin Johnson

Default question on VOR intersections

On 2011-12-19, Skywise wrote:
First off, I'm a sim enthusiast. But I try to make my sim

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, is there a resource somewhere
that lists intersections and gives the VOR's and radials that
make them?

If your program has access to the IFR Enroute Low Altitude charts, all of
the intersections are shown and defined with arrows from the VORs which
define them, DME fixes, etc. as well as Minimum Reception Altitudes (MRA)
and Minimum Crossing Altitudes (MCA). Incidentally, an intersection can be
defined with one radial and a DME fix.

Probably the reason for not showing all of this on VFR charts is clutter and
the fact that VFR pilots will not be needing all of these intersections.

If you are interested in looking at these go to the FAA site:

http://aeronav.faa.gov/index.asp?xml...rtlist_enroute

Click on the bottom on IFR Enroute Aeronautical Charts and that will lead
you to a page where you can download the individual charts. Near the top of
that page is a link to show you a map of the US and location of the charts.
It appears they are in .pdf format, which is strange since most gov charts
are the traditional .tif format with coordinates embedded in the file.
Anyway you can easily look at the .pdf charts.

....Edwin
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://bellsouthpwp2.net/e/d/edwinljohnson