Old June 17th 18, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Wright[_2_]

Default New low budget two seater

Agreed the ASK 13 is an excellent training aircraft which is widely
used in the UK. Sadly major glue failures are occurring in some of
these Schleicher aircraft rendering them beyond economic repair.
Some ASK13’s in the UK have had to be binned (one of my clubs
two met this fate) so if you’re going for a wooden Schleicher
“buyer beware” .

Regards

Mark

t 13:03 14 June 2018, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
Op donderdag 14 juni 2018 12:26:00 UTC+2 schreef Martin

Gregorie:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:24:41 -0700, Tom wrote:

This is of interest to me too. Here in the USA there don't

seem to be
many "affordable" options. If you are looking at a glider

under
$30,000

Although little bit off-topic, but yesterday I was looking to

buy this
old bird
http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/index.php?

page=item&id=26202 Yes, I
know
it is older than me, but it fly :-)

then about the only option is the ever-aging fleet of

Schweizer 2-33
gliders,

Thanks, John. Will check this too.

If there are any K-13s in the USA, they'd be worth a look -

there are
still quite a lot being used by UK clubs including Lasham. They

are
better than the K-7 for one main reason: the instructor's view

is quite
restricted in a K-7. Look at that linked photo and/or listen to

those
who've instructed in them. This is not an issue in the K-13.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

I agree with K13's, very easy, good view,... Our club has 2 K13's

for early
training and 2 G103 Twins (2 and 3) for advanced training.