Old August 4th 18, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default AUG 3, 2018 SSA Webinar Popup - Visual Landout Site Assessment -no guarantee of Fast Wings credit

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 4:50:12 PM UTC-7, CindyB wrote:
Visual Landout Site Evaluation from In Flight - Cindy Brickner

PDT 6pm to 7-15??
Different in that this is a live performance that is being simulcast.
We will see how good the audio is, I know the slides in PowerPoint are fine.

Join in and have fun.
Cindy B

- - - -

Please register for OFF FEILD LANDINGS: HOW TO EVALUATE SUITABLE FIELDS FROM THE AIR on Aug 3, 2018 6:00 PM PDT at:

https://attend

Well, I had a few attend in person and a few more on-line.
It was a success, since we gave the material/info to the attendees,
and trained another one in how to admin webinars.

I never thought to ask the host if he had his laptop plugged in to a power cord. (Mine needs a hard line, since the 8 year old battery won't hold up for more than :30 when unplugged. Too old to find replacement!) So we had an abrupt ending at about 7:30. It was time to quit anyway.

This one was not scheduled(prepped) to be added to the SSA page, but
I will offer to trim it to time standards (one hour~) and offer to
repeat it. That way we can get more distribution on normal announcement
and make it cleaner for all folks. And get Wings credit for attendees.

Thanks for trying to join in. I don't know the vagaries of when the link times out. I do know there were a small wad who Did get logged in. I would conjecture that the link is dead after the time of the event.

Thanks to the ones who did log on. The ones in the room were very appreciative of the material. It appears that these are becoming more popular! Yippee.

If your group is giving a local training presentation, and you would like to make it available to a wider audience, please contact David Lessnick for scheduling. The idea is to accummulate a library of topics and materials on the SSA site for all to use.

Soar safely,

Cindy B