Old March 26th 04, 05:39 AM
O-Usagi

Howdy, Jay!

Well, I came here to fly Beech 99 for AmeriFlight, but now I even put that
aside because I need to work and pay the bills.

After Larry got me hooked in flying, I went down to Orlando and attended
ATA(Airline Training Academy), where I got my Multi-Engine Commercial, IFR,
but the school went bankrupt and I lost some money (well actually lots...
but compared to some new students who lost up to $80,000 when they took the
money and closed the door on us, my loss seems nothing compared to theirs).
The only reason I went there in the first place was because they guaranteed
an airline interview. Well, obviously that didn't happen, and I decided to
do some turbine time building at AmeriFlight...... so here I am.

Who is operating King Airs there now? Would they let me fly the right seat
for free? ( yeah, right... but it costs me nothing to ask. I will work for
free as long as I can log in some time ;-) )

Please say hello to Larry for me when you see him next time.

Roger Chung

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Hi Roger!

And Iowa City Update:

Larry is no longer actively instructing -- although he keeps his CFI

ticket
fresh. I'll be going up with him for my biennial, if I can get ahold of
him.

Jen no longer works at the airport, either. She was always a breath of
fresh air, but had a falling out with the current management.

Dumb-ass King Airs are still a problem here once in a while. Having flown
one recently -- and discovered that they cost $15 bucks a MINUTE to
operate -- I now have a new understanding for their incredible impatience
(rudeness?) in the pattern.

Whatcha doing in Utah?
--
Jay Honeck