Old July 20th 04, 03:39 PM
Mike Murdock

Different versions of that document have been circulating for a while. It's
a mishmash of (true) facts, opinion, apples vs. oranges comparisons, and
outright errors. I hope that for his sake, a prospective owner doesn't use
that document to make a purchase decision.

There are missions for which the T182T is the superior aircraft. There are
other missions for which the SR22 is the best conveyance. It's all about
the mission.

The TBO for the Continental IO-550-N used in the SR22 is 2000 hours, not
1700 hours. See http://www.tcmlink.com/producthighlights/ENGTBL.PDF.

The FAA has recently modified the type certificate for the SR22, giving it
an airframe life limit of 12,000 hours. At the time the comparison was
written, the lower figure was correct.

I'll only beat the dead horse one more time by saying about spins: If you
are prone to spinning airplanes during the turn from base to final in the
pattern, please don't buy a Cirrus.

Mr. Campbell, based on your previous posts, you seem to have an axe to grind
about Cirrus. Why? Do you think Cirrus Design is trying to hoodwink
pilots? I'm a former Skylane owner, and I think they are fine airplanes.
For my mission, an SR22 is the best choice, but I'm not going to badmouth
other airplanes because I think mine is the best.

-Mike

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
This article pretty much describes the differences between the two

airplanes
and points up the issues that I have with the Cirrus.

http://www.airplanenoise.com/article....%20Cirrus.pdf

--
Christopher J. Campbell
World Famous Flight Instructor

If you go around beating the Bush, don't complain if you rile the animals.