Old July 5th 05, 03:09 PM
Sammy Yousef

Default Autopilot and ILS crashes 747

Hi,

I'm relatively new to FS2004, and I'm just trying to learn to land the
747 using ILS and autopilot.

I've set up a flight where I'm just about to capture the glide path at
2000ft at Sydney airport. I have no problem capturing the glide path.
Alt switches off on the autopilot when I intercept. However the
autopilot was crashing the 747 on landing. It was bobbing the aircraft
up and down slightly, which I believe was causing the problem. I started
speeds from 140 knots to 200 in increments of 10. 140 falls out of the
sky. 170 crashes, 150 is perfect (no crash).

Is this a bug or am I missing something vital? Does a real ILS behave
this way? Is there an easier way to determine the correct speed?

Forgive my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious

Thanks,

Sammy