Old January 10th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default aerial photography

In article ,
Jon Woellhaf wrote:
John Clear posted some great photos (see
http://www.clear-prop.org/fly-01-08-06/
) of a recent flight over San Francisco.

I was amazed at the variation in the water color under the Golden Gate
Bridge. Were they taken within minutes of each other?

Yes, the shots were all taken over about 45 minutes. The angle of
the sun makes a big difference in the apparent color, but part of
it is that I filtered the haze out (Picasa's "I'm feeling lucky"
filter), which makes the colors jump out more.

The tide lines and currents are very visible though. In many of
the shots of the bridge, you can see a wave parallel to the bridge
that divides two different colors of water. It is really visible
in this shot of Alcatraz: http://www.clear-prop.org/fly-01-08-06/target44.html

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/